Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Fallen Talon


The woman landed in the front of the house where she saw the ladder with no one around it. She walked in the house and saw her mother lying on the couch.
“Mom,” she smiled and then looked at her husband.
He walked up to her and hugged her. “I’m sorry honey.”
She looked around the house and saw that her little girl was no where to be found.
“Where’s...”
“Outside playing with her new friend.”
She looked outside and saw her little girl playing with a little boy. The two were smiling and having tons of fun.
“I just can’t believe he betrayed us and know because of him that little boy doesn’t have a father.”
“Honey.”
“I should have been there to help fight.”
It was quiet until the silence was broken by the elderly woman on the couch.
“Those two kids are going to need each other.”

The skies were gray with rain and the wind was rough making it hard to fly. Kat looked at her Teri and Ultra. Ultra was shivering and Teri was having problems trying to keep her skimmer straight.
“Teri we should try and land so and wait out the storm,” Kat called out to Teri, but lightning struck the wing of Teri’s skimmer causing her to lose all control of the skimmer and falling out of the sight of Kat.
“TERI !ULTRA!” Nadia yelled.
Kat followed the skimmers smoke trail leading them to a small rocky terra.
“Where are we?” Nadia asked.
“No idea,” Kat replied.
Rain looked around the terra and saw nothing suddenly a red shot of light came out of no where almost hitting them.
Lightning pecked his head out of the compartment and saw a red-golden skimmer behind them.
“IT’S A TALON!” Nadia screamed.
“Hang on I’ll try and lose him!” Kat swerved into a small cave.
The talon was still behind him in close pursuit. Kat dodged giant rocks in the middle of the cave and soon exited the cave. She looked behind her and saw he wasn’t there.
“I think we lost him!” Kat smiled.
Suddenly he jumped in front of them with his skimmer blocking their exit.
“Or not.”
“So sky..” the talon said lifting his glasses.
“Wait a minute you’re not a Sky Knight,” the talon surprised.
“Sorry to disappoint you but I am not going to let you hurt any Sky Knight.!” Kat growled.
“I wasn’t going to hurt a sky knight!” The talon smiled.
Suddenly the talon was tackled to the ground by Teri. There was tons of dust kicked up in the air and Kat and Nadia couldn’t see a thing. Once the dust cleared and the talon was knocked out and Teri was covered in dirt.
“Teri are you okay and where is Ultra” Nadia asked.
“We are fine and Ultra is fixing my skimmer.”
Kat got off her skimmer and walked over to the talon.
“What are we going to do with him?” Teri asked.
“Lets tie him up and get some answers from him,” Kat answered.
They looked at each other and agreed.
The talon woke up slowly and saw three female faces.
“So what do you want from me!” the talon growled.
“Well you are kind of a bad guy,” Teri said.
“Wait you don’t understand I don’t work for Master Cyclonis,” the talon snapped.
He looked at Kat’s neck and saw a small symbol of the Storm Hawks. Nadia and Teri have noticed the necklace but didn’t ask about it.
“So you are one of them!”
“What me!?! No a friend of mine gave me this and I am not letting you hurt Ae..anyone!” Kat stood looking at him.
“Wait a minute why don’t you work for Cyclonia?” Kat questioned.
“Yeah and why are you out here?” Nadia asked as well.
He shook off his helmet and relived his eye that was red and had metal around it.
“Okay wasn’t expecting that.” Teri said looking at Kat.
“I think you need to tell us what happened to you,” Nadia said.
“It all started with my father. I wanted to impress him and so I decided to join the talons squadron. Sadly my father was not impressed and I saw the horrible things that they were doing and told them I was done. They attacked me from all over and was hit from on my right hand. I fell from the sky causing me to hit my head. Luckily for me I found someone to help me. So he gave me a mechanical eye and this mechanical hand. So I fixed my skimmer and traveled Atmos trying to get away from them. So here I am,” said Jacoby.
Kat looked at everyone and smiled, “Why don’t you come with us.”
Teri and Nadia looked at each other, “Really?”
“Yea, he would be better traveling in a number then by himself. He won’t be spotted easier,” Kat looked at Jacoby and he agreed to stay with them.
“By the way my name is Jacoby,” he smiled.
They untied him and helped him to his skimmer. They followed Teri back to her skimmer but noticed that Ultra was not alone.
“Hey guys look it’s the trader!” said a blonde haired talon.
“Oh this is good!” Nadia muttered under her breath.
“What did you say you little merbs!” growled the green haired talon.
“Hey! Watch what you are saying!!!!” growled Jacoby.
Two talons jumped from behind and grabbed Jacoby and the rest of the team.
“HEY! WATCH IT!!” growled Kat.
Just then Rain jumped out of the skimmer and ran down to one of the talons on Kat’s side and bit the ankle.
The talon wailed in pain and ended up knocking down the rest of the talons. Kat looked at everyone. “RUN!!!”
Everyone ran to their skimmer’s but were stopped in his track by the remaining talons who were not on the ground.
“No where to go now!” the talon with a green mustache growled.

No comments:

Post a Comment